Want to get ahead in business? Get an app! Today on Appstorm I’m going to highlight 25 fantastic web-based business applications. Some will help you manage a team, manage your finances or even manage your customers, and all of them will help you to improve your businesses efficiency. These apps all have a free version, or at least a very comprehensive free trial.
Lets dive in!
[Note] This article was originally published in December 2012. It was updated in October 2015 to include freemium apps for business.
Zoho offers a range of applications to help you with your business operations. Helping you with Sales, Email, Invoicing, Customer Support, and much more, Zoho pffers a 360-degree set of tools for businesses. The benefit of sticking only to Zoho applications is that you can manage each app through the same account.
Insightly is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) application for use by small businesses. Featuring powerful integration with the Google Apps (Contacts, Calendar, Documents and Gmail) Insightly allows you to easily sync with the apps you’ve used in the past. Alternative systems can also be integrated just as easily.
- Free for up-to two users.
- $12/month per user for Basic package.
- Ranging up to $99/month per user for Enterprise package.
Developed for small to mid-sized businesses Freshdesk is a capable customer support application. Freshdesk’s aim is to speed up your operations with customers and make the process much easier. The application is also customizable, allowing you to set up a custom URL and modify the dashboard to your own branding.
- Free package for up-to three agents.
- $16/month per agent for Blossom package.
- Ranging up to $70/month per agent for Forest package.
Datadog is a monitoring application that allows you to track your company’s servers, apps and systems. The aim of Datadog is to help you find problems quick. By giving you the ability to set up custom dashboards, Datadog makes sure you are in control of everything important.
- Free for-up to five hosts.
- $15/month per host for Pro package. Limited to up to 500 hosts.
- Enterprise package available on request.
Freshservice is a tracking and reporting application for issue and problem management. With a simple-to-use UI, Freshservice makes it easy to spot priority problems and deal with them in an efficient manner. Through the dashboard you can also see an overview of all tickets, showing the number of overdue, open, on hold, due today, and unassigned issues.
- Free for up-to three agents.
- $29/month per agent for Blossom package.
- Ranging up to $79/month per agent for Estate package.
Wrike offers a simple but feature stacked way to manage your team. These features start at the most basic, such as creating tasks and assigning them, and range to advanced tools such as the creation of Gantt Charts. These Gantt Charts are useful in tracking performance over time and reflecting on your team’s efficiency.
- Free for up-to five users.
- Professional package: $49/month for up to five users and $99/month for up to 15 users.
- Enterprise package available on request.
LeanKit is a project management tool which utilizes kanban boards to show tasks on a calendar. These boards are visual representations of tasks and can be dragged and dropped to show superiors a team’s progress on a specific task. Similar to Wrike, Leankit offers a way to view historical data to analyze performance.
- Lite edition includes three users and two kanban boards.
- $12/month per user for Standard package.
- $19/month per user for Select package.
- Ranging up to $49/month per user for Premium package.
Slack is a basic app that enables large groups of people to communicate easily. With powerful searching filters Slack is easy to navigate and use.
- Free for basic package for small teams.
- $6.67/month per user for Standard package.
- $12.50/month per user for Plus package.
Help Scout supplies you with your own help desk. With the ability to help you manage tickets Help Scout makes sure no issue slips through the cracks. The most powerful feature of the application is its Conversation Report, which displays a wealth of metrics including statistics about your busiest times and days.
- Free plan includes three users, one mailbox, and fewer features.
- $15/month per user for standard package.
Freshbooks is an easy and efficient solution to all your invoicing needs. Priding itself on strong mobile integration, Freshbooks allows you to set up invoices which can be instantly paid by credit card or PayPal from a customer’s mobile device. Additionally, Freshbooks gives you the option to personally brand invoices with your logo and colors.
- Fully functional, 30-day trial available
- $9.95/month for Sprout package, limited to billing up to 5 clients.
- $19.95/month for Seedling package and the ability to bill up to 25 clients.
- Ranging up to $39.95/month for Mightly Oak package.
Acuity Scheduling allows your clients to book and pay for appointments on a web-based calendar set around your schedule. Saving you the hassle of dealing with client appointments yourself, Acuity Scheduling is a great tool for allowing you to focus on the work itself.
- Freebie package available for solo use.
- $19/month for Growing Business package, ability to control up to 6 staff/location.
- $34/month for Powerhouse Player package, ability to control up to 36 staff/location.
TalentLMS gives you the ability to train customers and employees online. Through the web-based application you can create your own courses and distribute them to your target audience. Courses can even be sold with money being collected through your PayPal account.
- Free package for up-to five users and 10 courses.
- $99/month for Basic package, up to 100 users and unlimited users.
- Ranging up to $349/month for Premium package, up to 1000 users and unlimited courses.
Through SendinBlue Email a business can boost its email marketing program. Importantly, the application allows you to track important metrics such as the number of opens, clicks and blacklists. Through this data you are able to reflect on the effectiveness of an email campaign and adapt to improve success in the future.
- Free package gives ability to send up-to 9,000 emails/month.
- $39/month for Bronze package gives ability to send up to 60,000 emails/month.
- Ranging up to $1946/month for ability to send up to 15,000,000 emails/month.
Onstream Meetings is a simple solution for web-based communication. Developed to make the process as easy as possible Onstream Meetings only requires a web browser. Through meetings files can also be shared. Most significantly, this application is cost effective, being only $19/month for unlimited meetings.
- Free account available allowing full functionality for 30-days for up-to 20 participants.
- $19/month for up to 25 participants in a meeting.
NewRelic gives you the ability to monitor applications built with a wide range of coding and even gives you the option to track iOS and Android applications. Utilizing a dashboard view, NewRelic gives you instant access to all performance statistics and issues.
- Free package available, basic features.
- $149/month per host for Pro package.
- Enterprise package available on request.
Yotpo aims at providing your customers a smart way to give reviews. This is achieved through automatic emails and mobile integration to make sure you’re gathering feedback from all your sales. In addition, Yotpo allows you to create Facebook campaigns with filters such as target audience, gender and age.
- ‘Free Forever’ package for basic review generating.
- $25/month for Starter package for small business.
- $299/month for Pro package and $499/month for Powerhouse package.
- Custom Enterprise plans available on request.
OutSystems Platform is a yearly subscription application which helps you in designing your websites and mobile applications. Designed to make the process easier for developers OutSystems allows you to integrate with a wide range of software including SalesForce, Paypal and Oracle.
- Free trial available.
- Subscription cost starts at $1650/month.
Mention is a media monitoring tool which allows you to track what is being said about your business across the internet and on social media. Giving you the ability to view historical data, Mention is able to show you when interest spikes and dips.
- Free basic account available.
- £29/month for Starter package.
- £299/month for Company package.
- $799/month for Enterprise package, full set of features.
Ordoro is a shipping and inventory management application that allows you to integrate all your sales from sites such as eBay, Amazon, or your own website into one database. The application also helps you with shipping by giving you the ability to connect with postal services such as USPS and FedEx to make organizing deliveries a simple task.
- Differing price plans for only shipping and shipping plus inventory management.
- $25/month and $75/month for shipping only packages.
- $99/month, $199/month and $299/month for shipping plus inventory management packages.
Targetprocess is a project management tool to help with Agile projects. With support for Scrum and Kanban boards Targetprocess is designed to make sure that your team is on task and aware of the most important jobs.
- Free for Team package, limited features.
- $20/month per user for Company package, all features you would need.
- Enterprise package available upon request for custom plans.
KissIQ is a free project management tool built for freelancers and small businesses. Designed with aesthetics in mind, KissIQ is a beautiful application that displays a simple dashboard of all active tasks. With options to add tasks, costs and progress, KissIQ is an easy solution for small groups.
Tracking your website’s traffic is important, Azalead is web-based application that allows you to do this. Azalead then filters traffic so that only the real leads are targeted with advertisements. Notification systems can be set up to inform employees and leads are organized into graphics giving you an instant view of all activity.
- Free trial available.
- $6000/year for Team package.
- Ranging up to $30,000/year for Enterprise package.
Apptivo CRM is a powerful tool for keeping track of your customer conversations and details. Customer accounts can be assigned to employees and through the tracking of a customer relationship Apptivo CRM makes it easier to improve sales strategy in the future.
- Free for Starter package, up to three users.
- $10/month per user for Premium package.
- $25/month per user for Ultimate package, additional features include phone support and extra document storage.
Click2Mail makes postal trips redundant. With next day posting, design templates and the ability to integrate mailing lists, this tool makes deliveries a whole lot easier.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Charged by the mailpiece for printing as well as postage.
Terapeak is a monitoring application giving users the ability to track their listings on sites such as eBay and Amazon. Terapeak analyzes sales from these sites and gives performance data such as competitor pricing and badly selling products. Through Terapeak you can also manage inventory levels.
- Free ‘MySales’ version.
- $7.49/month for Personal package.
- $14.99/month for Professional package.
Thanks for reading! Hopefully our roundup of web-based SaaS applications helped you find what you’re looking for. Let us know your favorite business applications below. And go check out our sister site, GetApp, to discover even more great apps for your business.